- Service Manager – https://careers-vnoces.icims.com/jobs/1211/service-manager/job?mode=view
- Maintenance Mechanic – https://careers-vnoces.icims.com/jobs/1209/maintenance-mechanic/job?mode=view
- Concierge https://employees-vnoces.icims.com/jobs/1219/concierge/job?mode=view
- Senior Concierge https://employees-vnoces.icims.com/jobs/1214/senior-concierge/job?mode=view
- Leasing Consultant https://employees-vnoces.icims.com/jobs/1216/leasing-consultant/job?mode=view
- Senior Leasing Consultant https://employees-vnoces.icims.com/jobs/1217/senior-leasing-consultant/job?mode=view
- Assistant Property Manager https://employees-vnoces.icims.com/jobs/1212/assistant-property-manager/job?mode=view
- Property Manager https://employees-vnoces.icims.com/jobs/1213/property-manager/job?mode=view
Nichole McDonald, a member of the BJSP faculty and a the former Senior Vice President of Human Resources for Laureate Education Inc will be leading this session.
She will be conducting mock interviews and offering commentary on those interviews. You should walk away from these sessions with a clearly visual understanding of what works and does not work in interviews.
Nichole hired the top 150 executives for her previous firm.
All BJSP seminars are presented free of charge to job seekers.
1. All attendees are required to dress as if they are going to a formal job interview. For men this means a suit and tie.
2. Please bring multiple copies of your resume with you.
3. Many people show up as early as 8:00 to get one on one help with resumes and other job related issues.
4. BJSP starts promptly at 8:45 AM and ends promptly at 12:00 Noon.
5. BJSP is a business education organization. Professionals in the recruiting field and HR field give advice to job seekers. There is a Christian ministry component to BJSP.
Salem Communications is the leading U. S. radio broadcaster targeting audiences interested in
conservative NewsTalk and Christian and family-themed programming. We currently have a full-time
position available at WAVA/Family Talk/WRC Radio. This person will work with local businesses to develop multimedia marketing
campaigns and oversee the execution of multi-faceted campaigns using online, social media, broadcast and other cutting edge media. Candidates are expected to have high
level of multi-media knowledge and experience, the ability to work with a variety of clients, excel in a fast paced environment, demonstrate the ability to effectively consult
with clients and the skills to sell multimedia products, producing new revenue opportunities for Salem Communications of Washington, DC. Strong computer skills
are required. Excellent oral and written communications are critical. Ability to get through to and communicate comfortably with top business executives is needed.
Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. Candidates must have a valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record. No relocation is offered.
Health and dental insurance
401(k) retirement plan with company match
Two Weeks of Annual Vacation
Send your cover letter and resume to Jim Richard, General Sales Manager at
For more details, visit WAVA.com, Keyword: Jobs
Salem Communications (WAVA/Family Talk/WRC Radio) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. No relocation offered.
Salem Communications, Washington, DC, WAVA, 105.1FM & 780AM, WWRC, 1260AM, FamilyTalk, XM131
People Soft System, Administrator
Closing Date: December 17,2013
Marine Corps Community Services (MCCS) is looking for the best and brightest to join our Team! MCCS is a comprehensive program that supports and enhances the quality of life for Marines, their families, and others in the Marine Corps Community. We offer a team oriented environment comprised of military personnel, civilian employees, contractors and volunteers who keep the organization functioning smoothly and effectively. As a service-oriented organization, we never waver in our commitment to our Corps.
** Any offer of employment will fall within the advertised salary range
Directly supports the PeopleSoft technical environment on a day-to-day basis, including application of updates and fixes to the environments, PeopleTools upgrades, environment creation and refreshes, migration of objects from one PeopleSoft environment to another. Serves as advisor and facilitator to all of the functional teams, developers and business units with any PeopleSoft environment requests in support of the Personal and Family Readiness Division, MCCS worldwide mission. Plays a critical role within the project team and must ensure the environments are accessible, up to date and function as expected. Works in close coordination with infrastructure team.
Provides the technical direction required to resolve complex issues to ensure the on-time delivery of solutions that meet customer expectations. Develops new methods to apply to complex situations. Coordinates Operating System and Database Upgrades/ patching. Troubleshoots day to day issues, performs PeopleSoft Application Server, Web Server, and Process Scheduler administration. Assists with application tuning. Understands and uses PeopleSoft application upgrade tools and migration tools to include Application Designer Data Mover and Change Assistant. Understands and follows change control procedures. Runs PeopleSoft delivered utilities. Monitors application and system logs (i.e. Application Server logs, web logs). Performs PeopleSoft database audits and assists in performance tuning (SQL).
Ensures that work efforts conform to MCCS and DoD guidelines and security best practices. Serves as a subject matter expert and direct advisor to senior managers in the organization. Plans, organizes work, and manages internal procedures to ensure maximum productivity and economies. Pursues action to ensure follow through on maximizing productivity and economies. Analyzes programs on a regular basis, and initiates corrective action to ensure they are most effective.
Evaluates and recommends appropriate technologies, tools, and methods for application support. Oversee the on-going administration and support, performance tuning, application installation, and upgrades. Keeps PeopleSoft application environment information and programs up to date with Tax Releases, Bundles and Fixes. Researches and identifies Fixes to be applied, Tax updates as they become available. Participates in all phases of PeopleSoft upgrades.
Partners across functional business units to build solutions that support and improve the decision making process. Full project leadership responsibilities to help functional departments identify and solve their most critical data, reporting and analytical challenges. Responsible for project plan creation and maintenance, maintenance of issues logs and prioritization. Incorporates MRI Project Lifecycle deliverables into project plans. Translates project requirements into project objectives and tasks. Responsible for ensuring a quality and cost effective solution is provided.
Conducts briefings, drafts memos effectively communicating orally and in writing with a commitment to maintain open lines of communication with peers and other departmental associates. Prepares detail status reports indicating accomplishments for the reporting period as well as identifying any project related issues. Conducts periodic meetings with management to report on project status, new initiatives and current priorities. Ensures that project schedules and requirements are established and tracked on regular basis. Maintains professional contacts with other companies, professional associations and equipment manufacturers concerning computer applications and equipment. Keeps abreast of technological changes and innovations in the field.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field appropriate to the work of position AND three years of progressive experience as a PeopleSoft System Administrator, OR an appropriate combination of education and experience that demonstrates possession of knowledge and skill equivalent to that gained in the above, OR appropriate experience that demonstrates that the applicant has acquired the knowledge, skills, and abilities equivalent to that gained in the above. Must have in-depth knowledge of PeopleTools, databases, operating systems, middleware and application servicer software. Must have experience with PeopleSoft technologies such as Integration Broker, Application Designer, People Code, Application Engine and PeopleSoft Security. Experience with PeopleSoft Application activities including PIA administration, configuration and tuning. Must have experience in PeopleSoft upgrade utilizing Change Assistant/Upgrade Assistant in an Oracle environment. Experience with supporting PeopleSoft implementations, upgrades and installations.
Experience with UNIX, Oracle DBMS and Windows Server Administration is highly preferred. Must have knowledge of backup, recovery, and disaster recovery process and scenarios.
As an authorized and privileged user of Department of Defense Information Systems must possess or receive Information Assurance awareness by completing the Security+ Certification as a condition of access within six months of employment, and thereafter must complete annual Information Assurance awareness training.
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted online via the MCCS Careers website: www.usmc-mccs.org/careers
Resumes/applications emailed or mailed will not be considered for this vacancy announcement. To be considered for employment, the application or resume must be submitted online by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement.
Note: To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your MCCS user account and review your application status.
Business Continuity Specialist/Sr. VMware Engineer
Digicon Corporation, established in 1985, is a full-service Information Technology Integrator and Solutions Provider to both government and commercial customers. Digicon employs approximately 300 employees throughout the Washington metropolitan area, as well as several other major cities across the nation.We are currently seeking aBusiness Continuity Specialist/Sr. VMware Engineer to work at our client site inWashington, DC. This is a full-time employee position with Digicon Corporation.
Position Description: Business Continuity Specialist/Sr. VMware Engineer with 7 – 10 years of IT experience to assist with the engineering, implementation and maintenance of the client’s Business Continuity strategy. As the client matures its Business Continuance posture, this role will serve as a critical resource in the engineering, implementation, and maintenance of the strategy’s virtual environment.
Specifically, will assist with the engineering and implementation of a virtual host environment that will support business continuance between physically disparate locations via metro stretch Vlan. The virtual environment will be built on EMC Vplex and Vsphere 5.x technology. Furthermore, the role will be the lead for all virtual administration activities and maintaining a healthy security posture.
Will take the lead to develop and maintain the appropriate Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). . Initially, the specific SOPs required will be the following:
- Develop the appropriate SOPs for the continuance of IT services to the Alternate Computing Facility
- Develop the appropriate SOPs for the disaster recovery of data and services
- Develop the appropriate SOPs for the establishment of services in the event client executes initiate Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP)
Will need to have project management experience for developing project scope, timelines, and work breakdown structure for respective projects related to the implementation of our client’s Business Continuity strategy.
Technical and Project Management skills which support the engineering, implementation, and maintenance of two disparate data center environments designed to provide business continuance in the event of planned and unplanned service interruptions. The specific desired skill sets are as follows:
- VMware – The resource is required to be VCP certified, but preferred to be VCAP certified. Additionally, it is required the resource have 3 years VMware experience designing and maintaining virtual environments.
- SOP Development – The candidate must have sound oral and written communication skills. The candidate must have hands on experience with the development of SOPs which directly support business continuity activities.
- EMC SAN Arrays – The candidaet should have experience with implementing VMware environments with EMC storage arrays. The resource should have a clear understanding of the integration points that optimize VMware with SRM to support business continuity.
- HP Blade Systems and UCS Blade systems - The candidate should have experience with implementing VMware environments with HP blade systems. Should have a clear understanding of the integration points that optimize VMware with SRM to support business continuity.
- Knowledge/configuration of the advance features with vCenter 5.x
- Troubleshooting esxi hosts, performance issues, and knowledge of powercli and esxcli
- Excellent planning, organization and project management skills
- Ability to take ownership of, and focus on, critical initiatives
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Strong customer, quality and results orientation
- Ability to be an effective team member and project leader
- Ability to recognize and embrace change as the external environment and organization evolves
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information System, Engineering, Business or related field highly desired
- VMWare and /or EMC certification highly desired
All candidates must be authorized to work in the US for any employer and able to pass a background check. No relocation assistance is available. EOE M/F/D/V.
If you are interested and qualified for this exciting opportunity, please apply online at
Grant Funded Part-time Position working an average 15 hours per week, $20 per hour as a contractor for the Second Chance Arlington program. About Second Chance Arlington
CLOSES: December 6, 2013 at 5:00pm
■Respond to inquiries about the program
■Process curriculum/manual sales; collect and process payments; send out materials for non on-line sales
■Develop and maintain a sales data base
■Maintain and update the website and program materials – coordinate with instructors on updates for materials
■Develop outreach programs to increase participation of Arlington residents in the program
■Be the primary contact for the Second Chance Arlington Program: inform Foundation about invitations to conferences and meetings and request for presentations
■Develop a training calendar; maintain and update training calendar and client list; collect and process training fees
■Attend meetings as required
■Assist with researching funding opportunities – national and local private and public foundations; state and federal government
■Assist with or prepare grant proposals
■Excellent verbal, writing, and editing skills
■Customer service skills
■Experience with managing data base programs
■Ability to update and maintain websites
■Must have a computer with high speed internet capability
■Able to work from home, independently with minimal supervision.
■At least 3-5 years’ experience working with small non-profits or equivalent
■College degree – AA, BA, BS preferred
■Successful completion of background check
The Partnership for Children Youth and Families Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status in its programs, activities and employment.
Inquiries or cover letter and resume should be e-mailed to email@example.com.
USPS JOB FAIR – City Carrier Assistant
Arlington Employment Center
Need to attend only one session, approximately 2 hours long
- Applicants will meet the hiring manager, learn about the jobs, and receive assistance with their online application.
▪City Carrier Assistant Temporary with advancement possibilities:Delivers and collects mail on foot or by vehicle under varying road and weather conditions in a prescribed area; maintains professional and effective public relations with customers and others, requiring a general familiarity with postal laws, regulations, products and geography of the area. Postal Exam 473 required.
Space is Limited- candidates should reserve a space by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line USPS RSVP ; please include name, contact info and session time of choice.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening
- Must be U. S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident alien, or citizen of territory owing allegiance to U.S.
- Able to work Saturdays, Weekdays as needed. MAY INCLUDE SUNDAYS & HOLIDAYS.
- Driving Requirement: must have a valid state driver’s license, safe driving record, and at least two years of documented driving experience.
- Written Exams required (varying by position)
- Fulfill any physical requirements associated with specific positions; maintain standards of service, dress code, etc. as required by USPS.
For full job descriptions, visit http://www.usps.com ; click on Careers link at bottom of the home page, search openings by Virginia and job titles.
**Please bring information to complete an application**
TV Producer, On-Air Fundraising Associate- Arlington, VA
WETA, DC’s leading public broadcasting station, is hiring an On-Air Fundraising TV Producer. It could be you…managing on-air fundraising activities. And you….organizing production on all TV on-air pledge campaigns. And you….serving as TV line producer for pledge days, or primary writer and editor for on-air pledge drives or shift producer for FM pledge drives. And you….working with a small team of the most dedicated, focused and dynamic development professionals you’ll ever meet. All in the name of public broadcasting. You should have a college degree or equivalent and five years of television production experience, including non-profit fundraising. Visit www.weta.org for full job description and online application or just send your letter of interest, salary requirements, and resume to email@example.com.
Please indicate that you were referred by ARLINGTON EMPLOYMENT CENTER or let us know that you have applied by cc’ing or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
WETA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- 3-5 years reporting/writing/editing experience;
- Proficiency in Photoshop, HTML and audio editing;
- Excellent writing and editing skills under tight deadlines;
- Excellent news judgment;
- Attention to detail with content, including grammar, punctuation and fact- checking, and layout;
- Understanding of social media and its relationship with news consumers, online marketing and Web traffic;
- Be part of a team to develop new and innovative content for the Web and on- air;
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, breaking news situations;
- Flexibility in work schedule
- Work in compliance with Company policies and procedures;
- Maintain a positive and cooperative rapport with staff, management and clients;
- Project appropriate company image with respect to dress and demeanor;
- Thorough knowledge of news, current events, pop-culture;
- High level of initiative required and the ability to work independently;
- Knowledge of the local radio industry and familiarity with all radio terminology and methodology preferred.
- Valid driver’s license;
- Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field;
- Knowledge of video editing software, ENPS and ENCO.
- POSITION OVERVIEW:
Contribute to make WTOP.com the leading provider of timely and relevant news and information. Write original news articles from exclusive WTOP on-air interviews in a clear, concise fashion — on deadline and in an accurate and timely manner. Edit original articles for publication on the website. Organize and manage content on WTOP.com. Engage with WTOP consumers through various social media outlets such as Twitter and Facebook and bring new ideas to the table.
- Create and distribute news content across all digital platforms, including social media;
- Write and edit news copy from reporters, the Associated Press and other sources; turn content into dynamic online stories;
- Manage breaking news across all digital assets, including homepage, email and text alerts and social media;
- Engage with and grow Facebook fans and Twitter followers;
- Always evaluate and reevaluate homepage layout, story selection, headlines and blurbs based on Web analytics and stats;
- Communicate & collaborate with Broadcast Editor;
- Front-line technical support.
Tues, November 19 & Thurs, November 21
►Group Interviews start at 10am- On the Spot interviews and offers
Arlington Employment Center: 2100 Washington Blvd, 1st Fl, Arlington, VA 22204
***To get your interview, submit application to RUSCareers.com before attending:
1. Log onto: www.ruscareers.com
2. Click on Toys R Us/ Babies R Us Full-Time or Part-Time Hourly Positions
3. Select “Virginia” from list of states
4. Enter “Country” USA and “zip code” 22041
5. Select Falls Church, VA TRU #8304
6. Complete application allowing 1-2 hours
8. You will receive an email with time/ date
—>Minimum Age 16; if you cannot attend the event, follow the same directions and in your email, indicate that you would like to be considered for alternative times.
Accountant, Northern Virginia Transportation Authority
The Northern Virginia Transportation Authority (NVTA) is a regional transportation authority established by the General Assembly in 2002. In 2013, the General Assembly passed legislation imposing certain taxes and fees in nine Northern Virginia jurisdictions for the funding of transportation improvements in this heavily congested region. The Authority will be responsible for allocating more than $300 million in revenue per year, with 70% programmed by NVTA and 30% sub -allocated to counties and cities embraced by the NVTA.
The accountant will have direct responsibility for organizing and maintaining the financial records for the revenues received by the Authority, the disbursement of funds to localities as well as the records for Authority operating budget.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, followed by 4 or more years of relevant professional experience in local government fund accounting. Extensive computer skills required, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Ability to read and understand complex legal and regulatory requirements and implement policies and practices to ensure compliance with those requirements. CPA certification, Master’s Degree or other professional certification strongly preferred.
For full job description and application instructions go to http://www.theNovaAuthority.org and submit to email@example.com. Please indicate that you were referred by ARLINGTON EMPLOYMENT CENTER’S JOB BOARD
EOE SALARY: DOQ/DOE (+) benefits.
$30-50 per hour
Location: Arlington, VA
Responsible for preparing bids and negotiating specifications and contractual provisions per Procurement/Subcontracts Standard Operating Procedures.
Liaison with Federal/Legal group regarding Subcontract Terms and Conditions of inquires and Subcontracts.
Evaluates bids/proposals and recommends lowest qualified bidder for award.
Fifteen or more years of experience in Subcontracts required. College degree or equivalent experience.
Minimum of 10 years experience with Federal Acquisition Regulations required.
Must have extensive knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Contractor’s Purchasing System Review (CPSR).
Knowledge of government base operations.
Submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Reports to: Director of Nursing
Job Description Summary:
The Registered Nurse reports to the Director of Nursing and is responsible for providing home health clinical services. The staff registered nurse is responsible for quality, adequacy of services provided and may, where required, supervise staff. The staff registered nurse is responsible for ensuring that care is delivered appropriately and the standards of quality are adhered to.
The staff registered nurse is responsible for working with other medical disciplines (i.e., PT, OT, ST, Dictation) to ensure coordinated services and that all of the client’s needs are identified through the assessment process and addressed through the implementation of the Plan of Care and reevaluation and supervisory process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Provides care as defined within the scope of the state’s nurse practice act.
2) If directed by the Director of Nursing, makes the initial evaluation visit and regularly reevaluates the client’s nursing needs.
3) Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions, keeping the Director of Nurses updated on the revisions.
4) Provides those services requiring substantial and specialized nursing skill.
5) Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
6) Prepares clinical and progress notes and summaries of care.
7) Informs the Director of Nursing, physician and other personnel of changes in the patient’s condition and needs.
8) Counsels the client and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
9) Assists in the development of organization goals. Administers agency policies and procedures.
10) Assists the Director of Nursing with assessing the competency of clinical staff to promote quality, continuity and safety of a client’s care.
11) Supervises, educates and coaches other nursing personnel, as directed by the Director of Nursing.
12) Provide information to be used for statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of organization activities.
13) Assures proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
14) Assures compliance with all local, state and federal laws
15) Identifies and participates in agency performance improvement activities.
16) Stays informed about changes in the field of nursing and home health care. Shares information with appropriate organization personnel.
17) Promotes home health referrals in the health care community.
1) Registered nurse with current unencumbered licensure to practice professional nursing in the state in which the care is being provided.
2) Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. Must have graduated from a National League of Nursing accredited program.
3) Minimum of one (1) year of documented experience required. Three (3) to five (5) years of clinical experience with one (1) year experience in a home health agency, primary care clinic or health facility, preferred.
4) Possess exceptional nursing assessment skills
5) Comply with accepted professional standards of practice.
6) Excellent interpersonal skills.
7) Analytic/Critical thinker.
8) Excellent customer service skills and ability to deal tactfully with clients, staff and community.
9) Treat clients, staff and the public with courtesy, respect and presents a positive public image.
10) Case management skills are a plus
11) Ability to travel on a daily basis including weekends, nights and holidays
12) Understands regulatory compliance
a) State requirement for the franchise location
b) Federal regulations including but not limited to OSHA, HIPAA
Environment, Personal Protective Equipment or Physical Demands
Environment: Contact with clients under a wide variety of circumstances. Care provided in client’s living environment with varying situations or in an institution such as a hospital. May be required to respond to emergency situations. Travel required. Position includes tasks that have the potential for exposure to blood and other potentially infectious material (OPIM) such as body fluids/tissues.
Personal Protective Equipment: May include gloves, mask, eye/face protection, and disposable outer covering or lab coat.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to stand walk, squat, bend, kneel, reach, twist, push and pull. Varied assistance is required depending on the ability of the client. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Visual and hearing acuity required.
Submit resume to: email@example.com