Tuesday, June 10 & Thursday, June 11
Sessions at 9am, 10:30am, 12pm, 1pm
»>MUST REGISTER TO ATTEND by CLICKING HERE: usps1
ARLINGTON EMPLOYMENT CENTER
2100 Washington Blvd, 1st Floor, Arlington, VA 22204
- Need to attend only one session, approximately 1.5 hours long
- Learn about the jobs and get assistance completing online application.
CURRENTLY SEEKING (in NoVa including Arlington, Alexandria, Merrifield, Reston):
▪City Carrier Assistant:Delivers and collects mail on foot or by vehicle under varying road and weather conditions in a prescribed area; maintains professional public relations with customers, requiring familiarity with postal laws, regulations, products and geography. Postal Exam 473 required.
▪Rural Carrier Assistant: Cases, delivers, and collects mail along a prescribed rural route using a vehicle. Must have a good driving record with a minimum of 2 years documented driving experience in the United States. Exam required for hiring.
▪Motor Vehicle Operator: Assists with, and operates, a mail truck on a pre-established route to pick up and transport mail in bulk. Applicants must have a valid state drivers license, a safe driving record, and at least two years of documented driving experience.
▪Automotive Technician: Performs repairs and maintenance on all types of motor vehicles used in the postal fleet; troubleshoots and diagnoses vehicle malfunctions using a variety of computerized test equipment. Exams 943, 944 and Bench Test 941 required.
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening
- Must be U. S. citizen, a lawful permanent resident alien, or citizen of territory owing allegiance to U.S.
- Able to work Saturdays, Weekdays as needed. MAY INCLUDE SUNDAYS & HOLIDAYS.
- Driving Requirement: must have a valid state driver’s license, safe driving record, and at least two years of documented driving experience.
- Written Exams required (varying by position)
- Fulfill any physical requirements; maintain standards of service, dress code, etc.
For full job descriptions, visit www.usps.com ; click on Careerslink at bottom of the home page, search openings by Virginia and job titles.
**Space is limited- you can reserve a space by firstname.lastname@example.org and putting your NAME and TIME of Session in subject line by 5pm TODAY Wednesday, Feb 5.
**Please bring information to complete online application**