Mack-Sumner Communications (MSC) seeks a highly motivated individual to join our design team as a full-time Senior Designer. MSC, based in Alexandria, VA, is the go-to strategic communication and direct mail firm for the progressive community. We work with the nation’s top progressive organizations and candidates to craft innovative, creative and highly-tested communications programs. Our clients include everyone from powerhouse organizations like the AFL-CIO, AFSCME, NEA, League of Conservation Voters, Sierra Club and Planned Parenthood, to targeted congressional and statewide campaigns across the country.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in print design with some digital and web design experience. The candidate must be able to handle multiple daily deadlines and perform in an intense, campaign-like environment. This is an excellent opportunity for a hands-on designer who wants to work with a highly motivated team in an entrepreneurial environment.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Senior Designer, working closely with our Partners and Senior Account Team members, will create direct mail and collateral pieces based on submitted concepts and copy. Specific job responsibilities include:
- • Participating in creative brainstorming sessions
- • Designing engaging, on-point print pieces
- • Ability to push the creative envelope while maintaining the message
- • Design logos, print ads and some digital projects
This is a hands-on position with the opportunity to be creative within a collaborative, team environment.
Senior designers need to have the ability to work quickly under pressure, have strong interpersonal and organizational skills and be self-motivated with a customer-focused attitude. Our ideal candidate will have:
- • At least 5 years full-time work experience and ideally experience working in an agency or freelance-contract environment
- • Specific experience using Apple OS X and Adobe Creative Suite with strong composition and Photoshop skills
- • Strong typography skills
- • Print experience a must, direct mail experience a plus
- • Be flexible and willing to work irregular hours, including weekends
We are looking for candidates to work with us on a contract basis for the 2014 political season (roughly through the end of October). Candidates must be available to work in the local office. Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MSC is an equal opportunity employer. Due to the volume of applicants, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.