Hospitality Staffing Solutions HIRING EVENT
Currently hiring for multiple sites in the Arlington and DC Metro area
Wednesday, March 20th 10:00am- 1:00pm
Arlington Employment Center- 2100 Washington Blvd, Arlington, VA
On the Spot Interviews! Be prepared to meet with a hiring manager
- Positions require customer service skills; Hospitality grooming standard (no visible tattoos, piercings)
- Reliable transportation and flexible scheduling to include nights/ weekends
- Candidates will undergo a background check and drug screening
- EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
Housekeepers accountable for cleaning required number of rooms, making beds as assigned, training other housekeepers, changing linens, cleaning toilets, sinks and mirrors.
**Please note: Space is Limited**
Participate in the development and execution of on-air fundraising campaigns to maximize fundraising income. Coordinate production elements and provide production support for television and radio fundraising campaigns.
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Producer, TV & FM Fundraising to coordinate production elements and scheduling for all on-air fundraising, including television pledge drives, radio pledge drives, radio pledge specials and fundraising television pledge projects.
- Create graphic elements for on-air and online fundraising using Photoshop and studio facilities.
- Serve as back-up line producer during TV pledge drives and as a shift producer during FM pledge drives.
- Assist in writing, production and editing of on-air spots, pledge breaks and pledge programs.
- Serve as liaison with Air Operations to review break schedules and rundowns leading up to and during TV pledge drives.
- Collaborate with other WETA departments in all areas involving on-air fundraising.
- Distribute fundraising information to Audience Services, Data Entry personnel, On Line services staff, Volunteer services, and other WETA employees in need of on-air campaign detail.
- Proof TV and FM pledge scripts and create script cover sheets during pledge drives.
- Monitor PBS Express system for program feed schedules, video material feed schedules, promotional material and coordinate the recording of these materials through WETA’s Programming Department.
- Maintain, organize and catalog videotape library.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of studio and field television.
- Ability and interest to learn public broadcasting on-air fundraising.
- Knowledge of television production, including image manipulation (Photoshop) and video editing (Final Cut Pro or AVID)
- Knowledge of and ability to use common social networking platforms (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Excellent organizational, project planning and time management skills with careful attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
- Strong understanding and application of computer technology to efficiently accomplish work, using Microsoft Office programs, email, Internet, database management software. Familiarity with Convio, and other database management skills highly desired.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written. Ability to establish and maintain rapport with people at all professional levels.
- Ability to work irregular shifts, long hours and weekends prior to and throughout the TV and FM pledge drives.
- Enthusiasm for new ideas, initiative and strong can-do attitude.
Education and Experience:
- College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three years of broadcast media experience.
We are always looking for passionate people to join the team. Look around the website a bit—at our food, our mission, our principles and beliefs, our locations—and if you think this sounds like the greatest gig ever, we want to hear from you. Most of our active hiring is in our stores where you will get:
- An opportunity to earn a bonus
- Flexible schedules
- A company dedicated to promoting from within
- A fun, friendly atmosphere
- Free lunch (or breakfast, or dinner)
- Product discounts (think Kombucha at a discounted price!)
- Health Benefits (full-time, salaried managers)
- Paid vacation (full-time employees)
- Direct deposit
We are currently hiring Team Members, Team Leads, Delivery Team, Assistant Managers and General Managers.
Working at Protein Bar will be challenging. You’ll be asked to learn new things, try new flavors, and grow with every experience. We make mistakes—and we always try to learn from them. Our people have opinions and we listen to them. In fact, it’s kind of a requirement that you contribute in this way. You will share your thoughts, ideas, and concerns—we promise to always listen to you, even if we can’t always give you what you want. You’ll be treated fairly—and also held to a pretty high standard regarding performance. If you choose, you will grow from this.
Our goal is that you look back and say “I’m a better person now than I was before I joined Protein Bar.” You will take the responsibility for your career—and we will be there to provide expectations, resources, tools, feedback, and praise. If you join our team and stay for a month, you’ll probably think this is all BS. If you join our team and say for year, you’ll know exactly what we are talking about.
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner currently has opportunities in the following departments:
- Server- Banquet-On Call
- Host/ess- Lobby Lounge (Seasonal)
- Massage Therapist- Part-time
- Cook I- Casual Dining
- Cook I- Employee Dining Room
- Business Travel & Leisure Sales Manager-Level I
Apply online at: ritzcarlton.com/careers
Rad Campaign, one of the most fun web agencies that you will ever tech out with, is hiring a rad Web Designer based in Washington, DC. If you’re a web designer with at least 3 to 5+ years of professional experience creating a diverse range of web brands that tell powerful stories, and inspire people to get involved and take action, then we want to hear from you. If you’re looking to create social change for some of the best nonprofits and campaigns on this planet (UNICEF, Union of Concerned Scientists, Craig Newmark’s (of craigslists) personal philanthropy project: craigconnects, Hillel International, and a whole lot more) Rad Campaign is the place where you can use your creative and UX skills to change the world.
As one of the top web agencies serving the nonprofit and labor union communities, we create websites, marketing, and social media campaigns that advocate for laws and policies to support women, children, the LGBT community, and human rights around the world. We fight to conserve America’s national forests and wildlife. We mobilize people across the U.S. to fight for labor reform and real healthcare reform and much, much more.
We also organize and host a series of popular events like the Women Who Tech TeleSummit and Nonprofit 2.0. In addition, we’re very involved in the DC Tech community. We have sponsored Ignite DC, have curated the nonprofit track for DC Week, etc.
- Create beautiful web designs (including responsive design for mobile) that are grounded in strong usability.
- Generate site wireframes that illustrate functionality and organization determined in functional requirements and site map stages of a project.
- Present concepts to clients and synthesize feedback into subsequent design iterations.
- Generate well-organized comps that are ready to hand over to developers. HTML knowledge and understanding how comps translate to code is important in this role.
- Collaborate with developers and make changes/create assets as needed.
- Work with developers to do quality assurance before site is launched.
- Keep up to date on design trends and techniques, and how they relate to new possibilities in web design.
- Create infographics on diverse topics that tell a story and are visually compelling, through an iterative process.
You Should Be Rad And:
- Participate in project discovery meetings and be able to translate client articulated needs into beautiful, functional visuals while collaborating with other staff to help produce, site maps and fully-realized wireframes.
- Be skilled in design apps, e.g., Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Be very comfortable working in a fast paced environment and meeting deadlines.
- Have a good understanding of HTML and CSS, particularly the benefits and limitations of HTML5 and CSS3 and how they can enhance design.
- Be a good communicator, comfortable working in teams, listening to and incorporating feedback.
- Be comfortable interacting with and presenting to clients.
- Be able to design for different subject matter, utilizing very different styles based on the project goals and client preferences.
- Understand UX principles and how to apply them for the web.
- Organize information in easily digestible formats (including infographics).
- Manage and estimate timelines for multiple projects.
- Just frickin’ love making things look good.
- Bonus if you have a love for print design and like to produce reports, posters, brochures, logos, and brand collateral.
Health Insurance - PPO, 401K and match, Flexible Spending Account, 4 weeks vacation, 2 weeks sick/personal, federal holidays observed.
Our Rad Culture:
Our culture rawks! When we started Rad Campaign in 2004, we wanted to create an agency where people jumped out of bed in the mornings ready to conspire to make a difference in this world. We wanted to create a place where people felt valued, empowered to experiment and innovate, and had a strong voice in the projects we take on. And equally important we wanted people to grow professionally. We’re proud to say that we have created that culture. We are group of activists, coders, strategists and artists that are:
- Vegetarian-friendly (we do monthly potlucks
- Innovative (not to be confused with shiny object syndrome)
- Animal-loving (we love pets in the office
- Honest and transparent
- Activist driven
- Hands on
PBS is America’s largest classroom, the nation’s largest stage for the arts and a trusted window to the world. PBS’ employees reflect our diverse audiences and are committed to PBS’ mission of creating content to educate, inform and inspire. Hear from some of our staff about why PBS is special to them.
ROSS Management Services is one of the largest property management companies in the DC metro area and is growing rapidly. Our communities are located in MD, DC and Northern VA. We offer a comprehensive benefits program, including employee recognition programs and training through The Ross University.