SITE COORDINATOR POSITON
Communities In Schools of Northern Virginia
The mission of Communities In Schools (CIS) is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
The Site Coordinator is responsible for providing effective leadership, training, supervision, administration and coordination of CIS related activities at assigned partner schools.
The Site Coordinator reports to the CIS Executive Director and works closely with the Principal and support team at the school. This is a full time position located at a high school in Arlington, VA.
Responsibilities: (May not include all duties performed)
· Management of the assigned CIS site: Implement and monitor annual site plan in partnership with the school administration. Ensure that needs assessment, service delivery, data tracking, and evaluation/reporting take place.
· Participate in interdisciplinary meetings with school staff and other resource providers to effectively utilize existing resources and address gaps in services.
· Actively support school orientations, open houses, and parent events. Establish and maintain relationships within the community that benefit the school and students.
· Secure community support and partnerships to meet school-wide and students’ needs as identified in the site plan. Assist in the recruitment, orientation and training of service providers, volunteers, and student interns.
· Coordinate data collection plan to evaluate the effectiveness of services in achieving school-wide goals and addressing the needs of individual students. Document progress and track site and student outcomes.
· Carry out other duties as assigned by CIS Executive Director.
Required qualifications: Commitment to the mission of Communities In Schools; strong verbal, written, and presentation skills; Bachelor Degree in the areas of social service, education, youth development, public administration or a related field; knowledge of community and school-based service practices; ability both to work independently and in collaborative team settings; ability to mediate conflict and stressful situations; excellent coordination and time management skills; proficiency in standard computer applications and social media; valid driver’s license, access to reliable transportation and proof of adequate vehicle insurance coverage.
Preferred qualifications: Masters Degree; proficiency in Spanish; familiarity with education, health, child welfare, human service, and related systems in Arlington County.
Applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. CIS is an equal opportunity employer.
Candidates must pass a criminal background check.
Start Date: June, 2014
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and at least three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org