Participate in the development and execution of on-air fundraising campaigns to maximize fundraising income. Coordinate production elements and provide production support for television and radio fundraising campaigns.
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Producer, TV & FM Fundraising to coordinate production elements and scheduling for all on-air fundraising, including television pledge drives, radio pledge drives, radio pledge specials and fundraising television pledge projects.
- Create graphic elements for on-air and online fundraising using Photoshop and studio facilities.
- Serve as back-up line producer during TV pledge drives and as a shift producer during FM pledge drives.
- Assist in writing, production and editing of on-air spots, pledge breaks and pledge programs.
- Serve as liaison with Air Operations to review break schedules and rundowns leading up to and during TV pledge drives.
- Collaborate with other WETA departments in all areas involving on-air fundraising.
- Distribute fundraising information to Audience Services, Data Entry personnel, On Line services staff, Volunteer services, and other WETA employees in need of on-air campaign detail.
- Proof TV and FM pledge scripts and create script cover sheets during pledge drives.
- Monitor PBS Express system for program feed schedules, video material feed schedules, promotional material and coordinate the recording of these materials through WETA’s Programming Department.
- Maintain, organize and catalog videotape library.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of studio and field television.
- Ability and interest to learn public broadcasting on-air fundraising.
- Knowledge of television production, including image manipulation (Photoshop) and video editing (Final Cut Pro or AVID)
- Knowledge of and ability to use common social networking platforms (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Excellent organizational, project planning and time management skills with careful attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
- Strong understanding and application of computer technology to efficiently accomplish work, using Microsoft Office programs, email, Internet, database management software. Familiarity with Convio, and other database management skills highly desired.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written. Ability to establish and maintain rapport with people at all professional levels.
- Ability to work irregular shifts, long hours and weekends prior to and throughout the TV and FM pledge drives.
- Enthusiasm for new ideas, initiative and strong can-do attitude.
Education and Experience:
- College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three years of broadcast media experience.