Provides excellent customer service to retail customers and maintains the sales floor to ensure an exciting shopping experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide professional and courteous customer service to all customers.
- Demonstrate accurate cash handling skills including making change, and operate and maintain the cash register, check and charge card machines.
- Know the merchandise being sold and answers customer’s questions courteously and promptly.
- Keep floor merchandise neat and orderly (racks, shelves, bins, and hangers), and assist customers with purchase selection if requested.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain an orderly and clean register area.
- Assist with shipments and ensure that merchandise is taken from the truck and place on the floor in a timely manner.
- Be familiar with store security procedures and exercise security practices when necessary.
- Perform store upkeep duties as needed to include sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, wiping shelves and dusting (including restrooms and dressing rooms).
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and GGW associates.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time (up to 7 hours per 8 hour shift).
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds frequently.
- Ability to bend frequently.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Work experience may be substituted for education.
- Six months experience in similar work environment or equivalent training.
- Ability to provide world-class customer service to all of our customers.
- Previous experience working in a retail environment.
- Excellent customer service related skills.
- Working knowledge of a cash register.