- Indicate availability to the customer by facing the front of the department.
- Acknowledge and greet the customer within ten feet of entering the area.
- Assess needs by responding to customer cues.
- Offer solutions for out of stock items (alternate item, OLDNAVY.com).
- Educate customers on the benefits of Old Navy Card.
- Work quickly without pressuring customers to rush, be respectful of customers time.
- Support cashier and fitting room as immediate backup.
- Maintain neat, clean and organized sales floor through organizing, hanging and folding merchandise.
- Follow up with customers to see if they need additional assistance.
- Offer additional sizes styles or colors to increase sales levers.
- Clean fitting room area and maintain go backs to Old Navy standards.
- Acknowledge additional customers and set expectations for service.
- Prioritize assisting customers over other tasks.
- Compliance with all Old Navy policies and procedures.
- Acknowledge customers- greet them with a smile.
- Follow all cash handling procedures per company guidelines.
- Prioritize cashiering over Sales Floor tasks - open new registers to minimize wait time.
- Acknowledge additional customers in line.
- Offer and explain Old Navy Card.
- Work efficiently to speed up checkout.
- Thank customer and invite the customer back.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated passion for extraordinary customer service.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Retail experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and store personnel.
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to effectively maneuver around sales floor and stockroom, repetitive bending, prolong standing, twisting, stooping, squatting, climbing.
- Ability to work with/ around cleaning chemicals.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which will require evening and weekend shifts.
Join Road Runner Sports and be part of a team committed to having FUN and making our Customers feel great! Since 1983, our team has been WOW’ing our Customers with our enthusiasm, energy, expertise and passion.
As a Retail Fit Expert Team Lead, you can rely on:
Receiving the tools & training to maximize your bonus so you can earn up to $18 per hour!
Up to 40 hours per week!
A FUN environment and where you’ll LOVE to come to work!
Team Member Benefits, including medical, dental and vision.
A fantastic gear discount on all the best shoes, apparel and accessories.
Developing your skills to drive your career forward!
What will YOU get to do?
Using proven Road Runner Sports technique, help find your Customers their perfect shoes, apparel and accessories!
Build relationships as you learn Customers needs and assist them with getting the right gear.
Engage with new and fun people!
Contribute to a well organized, clean and great-looking store
Looking for the following qualifications:
A minimum of 2 years work experience.
Open availability and willingness to work nights and weekends, as needed
Demonstrate your passion and a sincere desire to provide an outstanding Customer experience.
Consistently demonstrate your ability to WOW! your Customers by being trained to communicate the ‘Road Runner Sports Way.’
Willing and able to embrace change
Do you have what it takes? Send us your application TODAY!
SHIFT: 9:30AM TO 6:00PM FRIDAY TO TUESDAY
WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY OFF
- Identify customer needs through open-ended questions and a consultative approach
- Quote prices, service dates and payment terms
- Maintain quality customer service and maximize customer satisfaction levels
- High School Diploma or GED required, College degree plus
- 6+ months customer service/sales experience a plus
- Call Center experience preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Strong attention to detail & ability to multi task a must
- Pleasant phone voice; excellent communications skills
- Must successfully pass a background check
- Scheduling flexibility and a high level of dependability required
- Above average hourly wage
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits after 60 days of employment
- Vacation Accrual
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k w/company match
- Direct Deposit available
- On-site Fitness Center; FREE to employees
- Casual Dress Code
- Excellent opportunity for growth within the company
- Various Employee Recognition programs
DOSCareers Mobile App Launches
It has arrived - the official U.S. Department of State mobile app for those interested in Foreign Service careers!
This app provides access to more than 500 retired FSOT questions that test your knowledge of U.S. government and culture, world history, technology, economics and many other topics. You can learn more about the opportunities and experiences of those who have chosen this career, as well as find a recruitment event, or contact a Diplomat in Residence near you.
Download it now!
- Provide professional and courteous customer service to all customers.
- Demonstrate accurate cash handling skills including making change, and operate and maintain the cash register, check and charge card machines.
- Know the merchandise being sold and answers customer’s questions courteously and promptly.
- Keep floor merchandise neat and orderly (racks, shelves, bins, and hangers), and assist customers with purchase selection if requested.
- Maintain an orderly and clean register area.
- Assist with shipments and ensure that merchandise is taken from the truck and place on the floor in a timely manner.
- Be familiar with store security procedures and exercise security practices when necessary.
- Perform store upkeep duties as needed to include sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, wiping shelves and dusting (including restrooms and dressing rooms).
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and GGW associates.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time (up to 7 hours per 8 hour shift).
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds frequently.
- Ability to bend frequently.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Work experience may be substituted for education.
- Six months experience in similar work environment or equivalent training.
- Ability to provide world-class customer service to all of our customers.
- Previous experience working in a retail environment.
- Excellent customer service related skills.
- Working knowledge of a cash register.
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner currently has opportunities in the following departments:
- Server- Banquet-On Call
- Host/ess- Lobby Lounge (Seasonal)
- Massage Therapist- Part-time
- Cook I- Casual Dining
- Cook I- Employee Dining Room
- Business Travel & Leisure Sales Manager-Level I
Apply online at: ritzcarlton.com/careers
Rad Campaign, one of the most fun web agencies that you will ever tech out with, is hiring a rad Web Designer based in Washington, DC. If you’re a web designer with at least 3 to 5+ years of professional experience creating a diverse range of web brands that tell powerful stories, and inspire people to get involved and take action, then we want to hear from you. If you’re looking to create social change for some of the best nonprofits and campaigns on this planet (UNICEF, Union of Concerned Scientists, Craig Newmark’s (of craigslists) personal philanthropy project: craigconnects, Hillel International, and a whole lot more) Rad Campaign is the place where you can use your creative and UX skills to change the world.
As one of the top web agencies serving the nonprofit and labor union communities, we create websites, marketing, and social media campaigns that advocate for laws and policies to support women, children, the LGBT community, and human rights around the world. We fight to conserve America’s national forests and wildlife. We mobilize people across the U.S. to fight for labor reform and real healthcare reform and much, much more.
We also organize and host a series of popular events like the Women Who Tech TeleSummit and Nonprofit 2.0. In addition, we’re very involved in the DC Tech community. We have sponsored Ignite DC, have curated the nonprofit track for DC Week, etc.
- Create beautiful web designs (including responsive design for mobile) that are grounded in strong usability.
- Generate site wireframes that illustrate functionality and organization determined in functional requirements and site map stages of a project.
- Present concepts to clients and synthesize feedback into subsequent design iterations.
- Generate well-organized comps that are ready to hand over to developers. HTML knowledge and understanding how comps translate to code is important in this role.
- Collaborate with developers and make changes/create assets as needed.
- Work with developers to do quality assurance before site is launched.
- Keep up to date on design trends and techniques, and how they relate to new possibilities in web design.
- Create infographics on diverse topics that tell a story and are visually compelling, through an iterative process.
You Should Be Rad And:
- Participate in project discovery meetings and be able to translate client articulated needs into beautiful, functional visuals while collaborating with other staff to help produce, site maps and fully-realized wireframes.
- Be skilled in design apps, e.g., Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Be very comfortable working in a fast paced environment and meeting deadlines.
- Have a good understanding of HTML and CSS, particularly the benefits and limitations of HTML5 and CSS3 and how they can enhance design.
- Be a good communicator, comfortable working in teams, listening to and incorporating feedback.
- Be comfortable interacting with and presenting to clients.
- Be able to design for different subject matter, utilizing very different styles based on the project goals and client preferences.
- Understand UX principles and how to apply them for the web.
- Organize information in easily digestible formats (including infographics).
- Manage and estimate timelines for multiple projects.
- Just frickin’ love making things look good.
- Bonus if you have a love for print design and like to produce reports, posters, brochures, logos, and brand collateral.
Health Insurance - PPO, 401K and match, Flexible Spending Account, 4 weeks vacation, 2 weeks sick/personal, federal holidays observed.
Our Rad Culture:
Our culture rawks! When we started Rad Campaign in 2004, we wanted to create an agency where people jumped out of bed in the mornings ready to conspire to make a difference in this world. We wanted to create a place where people felt valued, empowered to experiment and innovate, and had a strong voice in the projects we take on. And equally important we wanted people to grow professionally. We’re proud to say that we have created that culture. We are group of activists, coders, strategists and artists that are:
- Vegetarian-friendly (we do monthly potlucks
- Innovative (not to be confused with shiny object syndrome)
- Animal-loving (we love pets in the office
- Honest and transparent
- Activist driven
- Hands on
PBS is America’s largest classroom, the nation’s largest stage for the arts and a trusted window to the world. PBS’ employees reflect our diverse audiences and are committed to PBS’ mission of creating content to educate, inform and inspire. Hear from some of our staff about why PBS is special to them.
ROSS Management Services is one of the largest property management companies in the DC metro area and is growing rapidly. Our communities are located in MD, DC and Northern VA. We offer a comprehensive benefits program, including employee recognition programs and training through The Ross University.