- Provide professional and courteous customer service to all customers.
- Demonstrate accurate cash handling skills including making change, and operate and maintain the cash register, check and charge card machines.
- Know the merchandise being sold and answers customer’s questions courteously and promptly.
- Keep floor merchandise neat and orderly (racks, shelves, bins, and hangers), and assist customers with purchase selection if requested.
- Maintain an orderly and clean register area.
- Assist with shipments and ensure that merchandise is taken from the truck and place on the floor in a timely manner.
- Be familiar with store security procedures and exercise security practices when necessary.
- Perform store upkeep duties as needed to include sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, wiping shelves and dusting (including restrooms and dressing rooms).
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and GGW associates.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time (up to 7 hours per 8 hour shift).
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds frequently.
- Ability to bend frequently.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Work experience may be substituted for education.
- Six months experience in similar work environment or equivalent training.
- Ability to provide world-class customer service to all of our customers.
- Previous experience working in a retail environment.
- Excellent customer service related skills.
- Working knowledge of a cash register.
Participate in the development and execution of on-air fundraising campaigns to maximize fundraising income. Coordinate production elements and provide production support for television and radio fundraising campaigns.
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Producer, TV & FM Fundraising to coordinate production elements and scheduling for all on-air fundraising, including television pledge drives, radio pledge drives, radio pledge specials and fundraising television pledge projects.
- Create graphic elements for on-air and online fundraising using Photoshop and studio facilities.
- Serve as back-up line producer during TV pledge drives and as a shift producer during FM pledge drives.
- Assist in writing, production and editing of on-air spots, pledge breaks and pledge programs.
- Serve as liaison with Air Operations to review break schedules and rundowns leading up to and during TV pledge drives.
- Collaborate with other WETA departments in all areas involving on-air fundraising.
- Distribute fundraising information to Audience Services, Data Entry personnel, On Line services staff, Volunteer services, and other WETA employees in need of on-air campaign detail.
- Proof TV and FM pledge scripts and create script cover sheets during pledge drives.
- Monitor PBS Express system for program feed schedules, video material feed schedules, promotional material and coordinate the recording of these materials through WETA’s Programming Department.
- Maintain, organize and catalog videotape library.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of studio and field television.
- Ability and interest to learn public broadcasting on-air fundraising.
- Knowledge of television production, including image manipulation (Photoshop) and video editing (Final Cut Pro or AVID)
- Knowledge of and ability to use common social networking platforms (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Excellent organizational, project planning and time management skills with careful attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
- Strong understanding and application of computer technology to efficiently accomplish work, using Microsoft Office programs, email, Internet, database management software. Familiarity with Convio, and other database management skills highly desired.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written. Ability to establish and maintain rapport with people at all professional levels.
- Ability to work irregular shifts, long hours and weekends prior to and throughout the TV and FM pledge drives.
- Enthusiasm for new ideas, initiative and strong can-do attitude.
Education and Experience:
- College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three years of broadcast media experience.
The Toll Collector position is responsible for accurately classifying vehicles, collecting tolls, verifying the authenticity of U.S. currency in denominations of $5 or larger tendered to pay tolls, and counting change back to motorists traveling through toll lanes. This position essentially functions in an outdoor work environment in all weather conditions. Duties also include the ability to complete accurate operational reports and balance cash deposits for funds collected and tickets received. Toll collectors must speak and understand English proficiently in order to effectively and courteously communicate with motorists and other Toll Plaza workers. Toll Collectors must also be able to provide on-the-job training to newly-hired Toll Collectors, and to perform the responsibilities of the Toll Supervisor in his/her absence. This work impacts the traveling public and requires courtesy, efficiency, and professionalism at all times. Peak traffic conditions require that a high volume of transactions be processed under demanding conditions. This work impacts the traveling public, and as such, requires courtesy, efficiency, and professionalism at all times.
We are always looking for passionate people to join the team. Look around the website a bit—at our food, our mission, our principles and beliefs, our locations—and if you think this sounds like the greatest gig ever, we want to hear from you. Most of our active hiring is in our stores where you will get:
- An opportunity to earn a bonus
- Flexible schedules
- A company dedicated to promoting from within
- A fun, friendly atmosphere
- Free lunch (or breakfast, or dinner)
- Product discounts (think Kombucha at a discounted price!)
- Health Benefits (full-time, salaried managers)
- Paid vacation (full-time employees)
- Direct deposit
We are currently hiring Team Members, Team Leads, Delivery Team, Assistant Managers and General Managers.
Working at Protein Bar will be challenging. You’ll be asked to learn new things, try new flavors, and grow with every experience. We make mistakes—and we always try to learn from them. Our people have opinions and we listen to them. In fact, it’s kind of a requirement that you contribute in this way. You will share your thoughts, ideas, and concerns—we promise to always listen to you, even if we can’t always give you what you want. You’ll be treated fairly—and also held to a pretty high standard regarding performance. If you choose, you will grow from this.
Our goal is that you look back and say “I’m a better person now than I was before I joined Protein Bar.” You will take the responsibility for your career—and we will be there to provide expectations, resources, tools, feedback, and praise. If you join our team and stay for a month, you’ll probably think this is all BS. If you join our team and say for year, you’ll know exactly what we are talking about.
The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner currently has opportunities in the following departments:
- Server- Banquet-On Call
- Host/ess- Lobby Lounge (Seasonal)
- Massage Therapist- Part-time
- Cook I- Casual Dining
- Cook I- Employee Dining Room
- Business Travel & Leisure Sales Manager-Level I
Apply online at: ritzcarlton.com/careers
Rad Campaign, one of the most fun web agencies that you will ever tech out with, is hiring a rad Web Designer based in Washington, DC. If you’re a web designer with at least 3 to 5+ years of professional experience creating a diverse range of web brands that tell powerful stories, and inspire people to get involved and take action, then we want to hear from you. If you’re looking to create social change for some of the best nonprofits and campaigns on this planet (UNICEF, Union of Concerned Scientists, Craig Newmark’s (of craigslists) personal philanthropy project: craigconnects, Hillel International, and a whole lot more) Rad Campaign is the place where you can use your creative and UX skills to change the world.
As one of the top web agencies serving the nonprofit and labor union communities, we create websites, marketing, and social media campaigns that advocate for laws and policies to support women, children, the LGBT community, and human rights around the world. We fight to conserve America’s national forests and wildlife. We mobilize people across the U.S. to fight for labor reform and real healthcare reform and much, much more.
We also organize and host a series of popular events like the Women Who Tech TeleSummit and Nonprofit 2.0. In addition, we’re very involved in the DC Tech community. We have sponsored Ignite DC, have curated the nonprofit track for DC Week, etc.
- Create beautiful web designs (including responsive design for mobile) that are grounded in strong usability.
- Generate site wireframes that illustrate functionality and organization determined in functional requirements and site map stages of a project.
- Present concepts to clients and synthesize feedback into subsequent design iterations.
- Generate well-organized comps that are ready to hand over to developers. HTML knowledge and understanding how comps translate to code is important in this role.
- Collaborate with developers and make changes/create assets as needed.
- Work with developers to do quality assurance before site is launched.
- Keep up to date on design trends and techniques, and how they relate to new possibilities in web design.
- Create infographics on diverse topics that tell a story and are visually compelling, through an iterative process.
You Should Be Rad And:
- Participate in project discovery meetings and be able to translate client articulated needs into beautiful, functional visuals while collaborating with other staff to help produce, site maps and fully-realized wireframes.
- Be skilled in design apps, e.g., Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Be very comfortable working in a fast paced environment and meeting deadlines.
- Have a good understanding of HTML and CSS, particularly the benefits and limitations of HTML5 and CSS3 and how they can enhance design.
- Be a good communicator, comfortable working in teams, listening to and incorporating feedback.
- Be comfortable interacting with and presenting to clients.
- Be able to design for different subject matter, utilizing very different styles based on the project goals and client preferences.
- Understand UX principles and how to apply them for the web.
- Organize information in easily digestible formats (including infographics).
- Manage and estimate timelines for multiple projects.
- Just frickin’ love making things look good.
- Bonus if you have a love for print design and like to produce reports, posters, brochures, logos, and brand collateral.
Health Insurance - PPO, 401K and match, Flexible Spending Account, 4 weeks vacation, 2 weeks sick/personal, federal holidays observed.
Our Rad Culture:
Our culture rawks! When we started Rad Campaign in 2004, we wanted to create an agency where people jumped out of bed in the mornings ready to conspire to make a difference in this world. We wanted to create a place where people felt valued, empowered to experiment and innovate, and had a strong voice in the projects we take on. And equally important we wanted people to grow professionally. We’re proud to say that we have created that culture. We are group of activists, coders, strategists and artists that are:
- Vegetarian-friendly (we do monthly potlucks
- Innovative (not to be confused with shiny object syndrome)
- Animal-loving (we love pets in the office
- Honest and transparent
- Activist driven
- Hands on
PBS is America’s largest classroom, the nation’s largest stage for the arts and a trusted window to the world. PBS’ employees reflect our diverse audiences and are committed to PBS’ mission of creating content to educate, inform and inspire. Hear from some of our staff about why PBS is special to them.
ROSS Management Services is one of the largest property management companies in the DC metro area and is growing rapidly. Our communities are located in MD, DC and Northern VA. We offer a comprehensive benefits program, including employee recognition programs and training through The Ross University.
The R-TOP Outreach, Inc.
1601 Hull St., Richmond, Va. 23224
Pastor Allen George is looking for 300 people to help with the Hurricane Sandy Cleanup. If you know someone who is looking for work listed see the information below:
Minimum 2 weeks stay; maximum the duration of the cleanup. All transportation will be provided along with hotel and food. Hours are 6am-6pm daily, 7 days a week. The pay starts @$10.00 an hour, and you must have a valid ID.
You will receive a 1099 tax form (no taxes will be taken out, you are responsible for your own taxes) if you have the additional criteria listed below the pay will be increased:
PICKUP TRUCK/ 15 PASSANGER VAN
The following equipment and clothing is needed: Safety shoes, safety glasses, safety gloves, safety helmet, box cutter, hammer and warm clothing.
For additional information contact Eloise Marshall, Administrator of NLPC, 571-243-0050, or email email@example.com.
Relay Day Team Member
We’re looking for an energetic person to join our Operations Team, which manages all of the Relay’s logistics. We need someone who is highly motivated, flexible, hard-working, able to solve problems quickly and under pressure, detail-oriented and organized, as well as extremely friendly and personable.
The primary hours for this postion are between 12 - 10 pm with the opportunity to expand into morning hours with experience. You’ll be responsible for everything from working directly with our partner retailers to driving the pickup route to handing orders off to customers at our pickup locations around town.
- An energetic leader who is committed to the success of the team.
- Willingness to work overtime and flexible hours.
- Time management skills to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to speed and consistency.
- Valid driver’s license with clean record.
- Comfortable driving in all types of inclement weather.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with others
- Ability to handle and resolve customer issues with the highest level of professional service.
- Experience in sales or client service environment preferred.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
Competitive starting pay for 30-35 hours per week and the full benefits package that includes vacation time on an accrual basis along with health care and disability insurance.
The position also includes significant opportunities for advancement, as the company continues to grow.
If this gets you excited, please send your resume and a short note as to why you want to work for Relay to firstname.lastname@example.org.