- Develop and implement strategies to secure funding for WETA’s projects, capital needs and general operations.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with representatives of foundations, government agencies and corporate philanthropic giving programs.
- Work with appropriate WETA staff and independent producers to develop funding proposals, with special focus on WETA’s national productions, including the work of Henry Lewis Gates, In Performance at the White House, and standalones such as Asian Americans.
- Monitor and support the foundation and government fundraising and reporting activities of NewsHour Productions LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of WETA.
- Work with stewardship staff to ensure that all reporting is completed accurately and on time.
- Maintain WETA’s registration with grants.gov and coordinate and submit all federal proposals.
- Provide information to WETA staff on funding trends, issues and opportunities.
- Performs other duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge of national foundation and federal government fundraising.
- Knowledge of grant writing and processes and best practices.
- Knowledge of public broadcasting and public service media.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to interact with a wide variety of people using diplomacy, tact and discretion.
- ·Excellent research, organizational, project planning, presentation and time management skills with careful attention to detail needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment.
- ·Demonstrated ability to successfully perform in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of computer technology to efficiently accomplish work, using Microsoft Office programs, email, and the Internet. Possess knowledge of and experience with donor database software.
- College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience, master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible experience in national foundation and federal government fundraising and stewardship.