Blackstone Technology Group (BTG) is seeking a Systems Engineer/ Technical Consultant to join our Federal Consulting Practice in Washington DC.
This is both a strategic and hands on technical role, working with other senior members of the Program, Enterprise, Application, & Development teams. The candidate must have a strong background in Microsoft Windows Server administration, VMware ESX and/or vSphere; backup and replication technologies, and a good working knowledge regarding enterprise SAN environments, Cisco based networks, and data center infrastructure (servers, routers, switches, cryptographic devices).
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for working in a team environment with the design, growth, maintenance, and sustainment of our clients Information Technology infrastructure to include server, storage, network and associated support equipment. In addition, the Engineer will be tasked to work in conjunction with their peers for ensuring the stability, integrity, and program alignment of all in-house information systems. The candidate must have knowledge of O&M support for network infrastructure to include Tier 1-3 support, Tech Refresh strategy, asset management, and change management.
• Quickly turn business problems into technical solutions.
• Provide technical support to review customer requirements and determine alignments with enterprise network.
• Recommend technical solutions that will enhance performance, increase redundancy, improve security posture, and add flexibility to the existing infrastructure. Understand and make recommendations to overall network architecture in a classified environment.
• Work on multiple large scale projects in a fast paced environment with other members of the Information Technology team.
• Provide program level escalation regarding technical support for systems and security issues.
• Assist in the engineering of capacity planning and configuration assessments for server hardware, storage area networking, systems, and supporting infrastructure.
• Manage configurations and the deployment of systems in compliance with established business practices.
• Monitor highly available core services as prescribed by the Business Continuity team.
• Troubleshoot and report on systems performance issues.
• Maintain system and network availability and monitoring of services.
• Experience supporting a Windows infrastructure including Active Directory, DNS, WINS, DHCP, File / Print, IIS, RADIUS, WSUS and terminal services (Citrix).
• Experience maintaining an Exchange, SQL WSS/MOSS, SharePoint environment and other Microsoft services.
• Experience managing a SAN infrastructure.
• Experience maintaining a VMware infrastructure, including ESX(i), vCenter, and vSphere.
• Experience designing highly available services, through replication, clustering, load balancing and other techniques.
• BA/BS degree in a technical discipline.
• Minimum of five (5) years of relevant IT systems engineering experience.
• Minimum DoD Secret Security Clearance required per federal contract stipulations.
Blackstone offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability. No phone calls or agencies please.
Blackstone Technology Group (www.bstonetech.com ) is a 275+ person, privately-held, global IT and business consulting firm founded in 1998.
Blackstone offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. EOE/M/F/D/V. This position is a fulltime opportunity based out of Arlington, VA