- Provide professional and courteous customer service to all customers.
- Demonstrate accurate cash handling skills including making change, and operate and maintain the cash register, check and charge card machines.
- Know the merchandise being sold and answers customer’s questions courteously and promptly.
- Keep floor merchandise neat and orderly (racks, shelves, bins, and hangers), and assist customers with purchase selection if requested.
- Maintain an orderly and clean register area.
- Assist with shipments and ensure that merchandise is taken from the truck and place on the floor in a timely manner.
- Be familiar with store security procedures and exercise security practices when necessary.
- Perform store upkeep duties as needed to include sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, wiping shelves and dusting (including restrooms and dressing rooms).
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and GGW associates.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time (up to 7 hours per 8 hour shift).
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds frequently.
- Ability to bend frequently.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Work experience may be substituted for education.
- Six months experience in similar work environment or equivalent training.
- Ability to provide world-class customer service to all of our customers.
- Previous experience working in a retail environment.
- Excellent customer service related skills.
- Working knowledge of a cash register.
The District of Columbia Local JobNetwork™ is comprised of multiple employment Web sites focusing exclusively on local communities in the District of Columbia. We are the premier online network for District of Columbia jobs and careers - connecting the most progressive companies with the most qualified career-minded individuals.Our first employment Web site was launched in 1994 and was one of the very first online employment Web sites in District of Columbia.
Relay Day Team Member
We’re looking for an energetic person to join our Operations Team, which manages all of the Relay’s logistics. We need someone who is highly motivated, flexible, hard-working, able to solve problems quickly and under pressure, detail-oriented and organized, as well as extremely friendly and personable.
The primary hours for this postion are between 12 - 10 pm with the opportunity to expand into morning hours with experience. You’ll be responsible for everything from working directly with our partner retailers to driving the pickup route to handing orders off to customers at our pickup locations around town.
- An energetic leader who is committed to the success of the team.
- Willingness to work overtime and flexible hours.
- Time management skills to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to speed and consistency.
- Valid driver’s license with clean record.
- Comfortable driving in all types of inclement weather.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with others
- Ability to handle and resolve customer issues with the highest level of professional service.
- Experience in sales or client service environment preferred.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
Competitive starting pay for 30-35 hours per week and the full benefits package that includes vacation time on an accrual basis along with health care and disability insurance.
The position also includes significant opportunities for advancement, as the company continues to grow.
If this gets you excited, please send your resume and a short note as to why you want to work for Relay to firstname.lastname@example.org.