The incumbent in this position is the receptionist for the Association. The incumbent will also provide administrative support to the Facilities Manager. The incumbent is expected to demonstrate and maintain a positive and professional image at all times; to adhere to company policy and procedure; and to promote and foster a team-based work environment. This position may interact with one or more of the following: ATA staff (at all levels); ATA members; the general public; and other organizations, including various vendors, suppliers, solicitors, deliveries and other tenants in the building. This position has no supervisory or budgetarywill demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and have the ability to manag and prioritize workload. He/She will have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment whilemaintaining a positive and professional disposition. He/She must consistently report to work on time prepared to perform duties of the position.
1. Serves as the first point-of-contact for visitors and guests, creating a positive and professional image by: 1) greeting all visitors to ATA; 2) ensuring that all visitors are appropriately registered/signed-in; and 3) arranging for each visitor to be escorted to his/her destination by the appropriate ATA employee.
2. Handles all incoming calls through the main console and routes each call to the appropriate person. Maintains staff directory on intranet for all staff is updated.
3. Ensures a smooth operation by: 1) guaranteeing that the console opens promptly at 8:30 am; and 2) guaranteeing that the lobby and phone have the appropriate coverage during ATA business hours (from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm)
4. Manage ICORE to include early closings, delayed openings and recording and updating all telephone messages for the system.
5. Directs incoming packages and deliveries to the appropriate party.
6. Ensures that receptionist area is kept in a neat and orderly fashion, and that all documents are maintained and up-to-date.
7. Maintains Standard Operating Procedures which outlines the procedures for operating the receptionist desk. Responsible for keeping the receptionist information and systems
8. Responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting building operations service requests for HQ via the Building Operations Ticketing System. Corresponds timely with clients
providing necessary updates to ensure efficiency. Conducts supply orders for the organization.
9. Schedule service requests and coordinate with Facilities Maintenance Technician and
update the ATA HQ maintenance schedule accordingly.
10. Responsible for off-site storage to include keeping the database current and coordinates
staff archive and/or logistics requests.
11. Ensures the receptionist desk has all pertinent supplies for daily operations.
12. In conjunction with Facilities Manager and Facilities Maintenance Technician, coordinates interoffice moves; ensures the delivery, assembly and rearrangement of furniture as needed. Maintains the Buildings Ops checklists file.
13. Maintains internal conference room scheduling. Coordinates building operations logistics for internal meetings and outside meeting rentals.
14. Works in conjunction with the Facilities Maintenance Technician to ensure inventory of ATA’s office furnishings at HQ is updated and accurate.
15. All other duties as assigned.
Education – High School Diploma and 2-3 years of experience as an Administrative Assistant in a professional
communication skills with a strong command of the English language. Must have a demonstrated ability to generate communications grammatically correct, such as emails and announcements to be disseminated company-wide on behalf of the Human Resources & Operations Department. Must be detail-oriented and organized. Must have the ability to multitask and perform all functions with a high degree of accuracy while adhering to office protocol. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) as well as, general internet applications, and have the ability to use general office equipment.
Behavior Expectations – The incumbent must maintain the ability to perform the functions of this position while utilizing the utmost in diplomacy, confidentiality, professionalism and tact. The
majority of information held within the Human Resources department is privileged, and the incumbent is expected to secure this information while maintaining a professional demeanor at
all times. As a Human Resources professional, the incumbent should be committed to act as a change agent and advocate for the organization as a whole, while aligning HR initiatives that support corporate strategies, build stakeholder value, and help shape the organization’s image.
Professional Certification/Affiliations –None
Work is sedentary and often performed in an office setting. Work area is adequately lighted,heated, and ventilated. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Statements included in this job description do not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as circumstances change.
Submit resume and cover letter to vtaylor2@